Technical Writer II, Security Jamf in null
Work as part of cross-functional Agile delivery teams to create, deliver, and maintain the information that explains how to use our company’s software products. That information includes, but is not limited to, in-app text, user guides, release notes, knowledge base articles, technical papers, and infographics. Ideal candidates are exceptional writers who are analytical, insightful, and passionate about delivering the best product experience.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Jamf products and their role in making customers successful.
- Maintain a working understanding of all documentation sets, including their purpose, target audience, and overall content.
- Maintain an understanding of processes and procedures used throughout Tech Comm, Engineering, and Agile delivery teams.
- Work as part of a cross-functional, Agile delivery team to identify, create, and deliver complete, technically accurate content that best meets users’ needs.
- Perform regular duties with independence and increasing pace.
- Keep up with information from Apple about their releases and security news to determine impacts on our products and our users.
- Seek out appropriate advice or expertise when faced with challenging or important decisions.
- Work with guidance when necessary, and make decisions when appropriate for assigned tasks and initiatives.
- Create new content from concept to delivery.
- Use Jira to capture and track work.
- Use Confluence to record research findings and other applicable information.
- Work with technical writers across Agile delivery teams to ensure content fits the Jamf voice and tone and expected level of quality.
- Work in conjunction with an information architect to ensure content is complete, usable, findable, and consistent with style guidelines.
- Use our content management systems and solutions to format, compile, and publish content.
- Onboard, educate, and mentor new technical writers as needed.
- Work collaboratively at the technical writer team level to assist and Influence other members.
- Bring forward new and innovative ideas based on areas of expertise.
- Continually demonstrate a mastery of technical writing skills and the overall discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a technical writer or communicator in the software industry (Required).
- 1+ years of work experience in the information/cyber security field as a writer (Required).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; colocated or working remotely (Required).
- 4 year / Bachelor’s Degree (Technical or Scientific Writing, English, or Cybersecurity preferred).
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered.
- Apple or macOS-specific security writing or content experience (Preferred).
- General experience with macOS and iOS platforms (Preferred).
- General experience in an Agile environment (Preferred).
- Working knowledge of DITA XML, and topic-based writing (Preferred).
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to succeed while working independently.
- Business-level proficiency in English.